Tuesday, December 17, 2013 | By: Lisa LaMendola

The Paradox

Do I stay or do I go?  Is it up or is it down?  Which way is the right way? How do I know which way to turn?!

I've been in a paradox for the past few weeks.  The cold winter hitting southern Michigan so early has rattled me to the core.....causing major pain all over where every injury I had in my accident last year.  With pain of that magnitude comes the voice of the second guesser.   I hate the second guesser, she's always wrong....and then you get to the point where you have been second guessing for so long that you can't get close to the original thought again.  That's when it's time to start over.

I've been ranting on Facebook for a few days about this bloody snowstorm we've been having for the past 2 weeks (sorry for that!).  All I keep hearing from the locals is that this is so "unseasonal for Ann Arbor!"  Ya think?!!!  We had 3 weeks of fall and then wham ~ snowstorm of the century!  Just my luck...


However today something happened that I didn't expect....I stopped being in pain. Oh it still hurts a little and the stiffness is there in the morning, but even though Mother Nature has yet to ease up in her winter wrath, my body is starting to adjust.   Hallelujah!

Today Sammy and I ran in the snow and played ~ staying out for close to an hour ~ and I didn't suffer.  Nothing changed....it's still snowing out....so I don't know what inside me shifted.  All I can say is that I'm very grateful that it did.  

Ranting is over for today....



3 comments:

Toni Kaste NC said...

I live on Long Island, NY It's been in the 20's at night and 30's during the day. That's cold enough for me...I can't imagine 5 degrees! I have noticed some things if you don't mind me mentioning...have you still been drinking green smoothies? How often do you get coffee at Starbucks? What is your diet like these days? Really take a good look!
Yes the cold tends to tense the muscles which leads to pain if the muscles are not quite right. Before you jump and move again because it's too cold really think deep to the pros and cons of living there. You've been all over lately. If you like to move/travel maybe that's good, but if you are looking for a home then really research before you move and don't leave at the first winter. I love Long Island because the other 3 seasons are outrageous generally but there are always weather anomalies...I HATE winter but it's only 3-4 months then on to the fun again. I tried living in Southern TX for a couple years and hated it. Too hot, too buggy, no season change, lots more too...there are bad things about Long Island too, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Hope you find your forever home soon, even if it ends up being an RV!

Lisa LaMendola said...

Toni, thank you for all that advice, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately since my hiking accident last year I have had to live where ever room is available to me as I have not been able to work full time (and for the first six months not at all) ~ so it is not a "choice" it is a "necessity" that I move to certain places this past year. My goal is to move back to South Florida where I am from ~ the original plan before my hiking accident last year. Unfortunately, the Michigan snow storm and below zero temps have cause more than aches and pains, everything I broke hurts all over again….. so now I am in a paradox ~ waiting for the next open door. Nmaste ~

Lisa LaMendola said...

Oh and I only go to starbucks once a month and have tea (don't drink coffee) and I have a green smoothie every day ;)

Post a Comment